BBA’s “From Management to Leadership”program is a three module / two-day program (six days in total) aimed at managers who have been in their roles for more than 12 months and need to increase their influence, lead others, lead change and transition to a more leadership mindset.
A highly interactive program that provides feedback, discussions, feedback, personal and team insight inventories, group exercises, case studies and personal action planning to ensure the experience is embedded back in the workplace.
We are frequently asked to customise and create programs specifically for an organisation’s needs which we are happy to do.
Below represents the most frequent program content requested and will vary from organisation to organisation.
This programme provides the opportunity for participants to:
- draw on the experiences and challenges that enable people to learn from one another, in an open yet confidential environment;
- take time away from the workplace, to enable participants to self-reflecton what it means to lead and their contribution to organisation success.
- take time to discuss the challenges that come with leading/managing people and the organisation.
- discuss the importance of self-awareness
- focus on the importance of developing the skills of influencing and communicating at all levels throughout the organisation.
Some pre-work is required before attending the program, this includes but not limited to:
- Program preparation conference calls
- Pre-program questionnaires
- Communications Styles – Forte
- EQi – Emotional Intelligence
- 360 feedback
- Drexler Sibbett team performance framework
- Personal development planning
OBJECTIVES (by the end of the program participants will….)
- Clearly understand how their role in the future success of the organisation can be implemented in a practical and measurable manner
- Have a deeper understanding of how communication influences our ability to influence, build and maintain relationships
- Understand the most common reasons why teams can fail and what they need to do to stay on track and deal with different roadblocks, challenges and opportunities
- Have gained valuable insights into their “executive presence”, – impactful communications, personal brand, influencing, negotiation and self-awareness
- Be equipped with the knowledge, skills and tools that enable them to be more effective coaches and mentors
- Instil a culture of execution in their team
- Learn how to lead and communicate change effectively
- Create alignment and clarity to ensure teams stay on track and execute flawlessly
- Understand the challenges of leading vs managing
Leading Self – Developing Individual Insights
- The impact of communication style on interpersonal relations and influence
- The role of emotional intelligence on success as a leader
- How to effectively coach, listen and manage performance
- Develop a personalframework for how to lead teams and the organisation
- How to manage conflicts in a way that considers different points of view and perspectives.
Leading Others–Building High Performing Teams
- Team leadership and performance
- Setting objectives
- Questioning and listening
- Coaching and mentoring for results
- Managing and resolving conflict
- Effective communications
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Motivation – theory and practice
- Managing performance
- Supporting personal development
Leading the Business – Building High Performing Teams
- Business Acumen – customised and internal leader lead
- HR Acumen – customised and internal leader lead
- Creating and leading strategy
- Doing the right things, better – problem solving and decision making
- Understanding, leading and implementing change
- Inter-team collaboration to achieve results