BBA worked closely with us and our partners to fully understand our specific learning needs. The training they provided to our people was second to none and received very high levels of positive feedback
Senior Project Engineer, National Roads Authority
We live in an age when oral and visual methods of presentation are common, and yet the very prospect of having to address an audience can strike fear into the stoutest heart. This programme provides participants with the tools to prepare; structure and deliver a fluent, coherent message in a variety of situations. Videotaped feedback will be used on this course.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Use a model designed to influence the structure and delivery of a business presentation.
- Refine messages for different audiences.
- Select and use relevant visual material to gain impact and understanding.
- Deliver a message in such a way as to improve the audience recall
- Recognise the importance of non-verbal behaviour.
- Videoed presentations
- Why am I giving the presentation? - preparing an outline objective.
- Audience assessment - discussion based on whom will be present, and how to present to the relevant knowledge and motivation levels.
- Planning and preparation - methods of gathering and selecting information. Use of mind-maps to aid "whole-brain thinking".
- Structuring the presentation - making it make sense by grouping topics and using a logical flow.
- Non-verbal communication - the importance and use of gestural vocabulary.
- Visual aids - practise to discover the power of using different visual aids.
- Building audience recall - an exercise to illustrate the 5 keys to audience recall.
- Controlling nerves and increasing confidence - practical methods to reduce the stress involved when presenting.
- Handling questions - how to deal with the heckler, the know-all, the interrupter and their friends.
Those who are required to make presentations or address meetings on a regular basis
Duration: Two days for Advanced - maximum group size is 8
One day for Beginners - maximum group size is 6.
This course outline is just a sample of the type of programme that we provide. Each course can be tailored to your suit your companies competencies.