BBA continues to innovate and actively listen to our needs as a business and consistently delivers world class interventions that support our business goals, be that leadership development , personal effectiveness training or executive coaching.
Director Learning & Development, McAfee
The aim of appraisal is to improve organisational performance by improving the performance of individuals within the organisation.
Staff appraisal must be a continuous process. The appraisal interview, which takes place each year, should be viewed as a formal opportunity to look back over what has been achieved throughout the year as a whole. It is a time to see what can be learned by both you and your manager from past events and plan for the year ahead.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- understand self and others and manage emotions
- concentrate on behaviours, not personalities
- focus on what we see, not what we believe
- develop simple and positive feedback techniques
- understand why judgmental feedback can be so costly
- develop two way feedback techniques
- practice giving developmental/improvement feedback
- Benefits of appraisals - to the individual, the team leader and the organisation - of a well practised appraisal system.
- The appraisal system - details of the APC process.
- Preparing for the meeting - what info to collate & questions to ask.
- Definitions and principles of feedback - positive and developmental.
- Giving and receiving feedback - awareness of the effect we have upon others and they have upon us
- The seven point plan for addressing behaviour not the person.
- Conducting the meeting - how to put the appraisee at ease, gaining rapport, asking questions and listening.
- Role plays to practise the above.
- Keeping records - ensuring that documentation is correct and legal!
Duration: One day