BBA Training have supplied us with quality training strongly reflecting the needs of our managers and other key personnel.
APC by Schneider Electric | Learning and Development Manager
Finance for the Non-Financial Manager
Many managers in industry often find they need to make decisions that require them to have an understanding of accounting terminology and practice. These include issues such as whether to outsource the manufacture of a component, whether or not to work overtime and whether to accept or reject a project or order. Also managers liaise regularly with colleagues from Finance and must be confident in their understanding of financial terms in everyday use.
This course aims to provide managers with the financial tools appropriate to making effective financial management decisions.
The course is 'hands -on', detailing how financial tools could be applied to resolving real life company issues.
Participants would be encouraged to bring details from their current projects and operations for analysis.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the terminology used by financial managers and accountants.
- Establish a more effective and confident dialogue with your finance dept.
- Understand how to measure shareholder value.
- Understand the profit and loss statement, the balance sheet and cash flow statements.
- Distinguish between the management accounts used in the direction of a business and the statutory report of a company.
- Analyse pro forma income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements.
- Use simple financial analysis to evaluate the state of a company.
- Understand the common techniques for project appraisal.
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Profit and Loss
- Balance Sheets
- Cash Flow
- Management Accounting
- Fixed Costs
- Variable Costs
- Breakeven Analysis
- Financial Decision Making (Make or Buy)
- Activity Based Costing
Duration: Two days
This course outline is just a sample of the type of programme that we provide. Each course can be tailored to your suit your companies competencies.