BBA Training have supplied us with quality training strongly reflecting the needs of our managers and other key personnel.
APC by Schneider Electric | Learning and Development Manager
This programme addresses the key skills required to help remove the gamble from the selection process. Behavioural interviewing techniques are learned and practised by participants working together to reveal and probe behavioural and motivational evidence of current and past performance, attitudes, values and motives.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Prepare thoroughly for interviews
- identify, write and ask behavioural based interview questions
- probe a candidates interview responses by asking effective follow up questions
- identify a candidates motivating factors
- review what can and can't be asked
- have an opportunity to practice in small groups
- Preparing to Interview - timings, who is involved, invitations, tests.
- Reviewing Job Description - ensuring objectivity rather than relying on gut instinct
- Viewing c.v.'s - short-listing criteria
- Review of Relevant Employment Law - what we can't ask!
- What's appropriate and what's not in an interview.
- Basic Interviewing Skills - setting the scene, first impressions, taking notes, non-verbal behaviour.
- Establishing Rapport - Relax the candidate
- Questioning Skills - Which questions get what kind of responses?
- Listening Skills - How to show true listening
- Role play
Duration: Two days