What I have enjoyed most with BBA is that they take the relationship with their client beyond a narrow definition of service. I can personally recommend BBA as a great learning and development provider
Talent Manager, Dell
This programme will assist you in identifying, analysing and managing conflicts, deal with difficult people and settle disputes amicably. Participants will learn to apply conflict resolution skills in order to handle communication problems and personality clashes.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe the 5 different levels of conflict
- Prevent avoidable conflicts
- Identify their own preferred style of conflict handling
- Explain the difference between assertive, passive and aggressive behaviour
- Explain how our thoughts affect our behaviour
- Demonstrate effective conflict handling techniques by way of small group role play
- Self perception questionnaire - Thomas-kilmann Conflict handling instrument
- Difference between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Levels of conflict - an exercise to emphasise the differing levels of conflict from discomfort through to crisis.
- Outcomes of conflict - positive and negative outcomes can come from conflict.
- Conflict handling strategies - differing situations require differing strategies, an exercise to help in choosing the appropriate one.
- Uses and overuses of strategies
- The reality of perception - conflict can come from misunderstanding others 'maps of the world'. By seeing other's points of view we can often eliminate conflict.
- Verbal and non-verbal tactics for diffusing conflict
- Extensive small and whole group role play
Duration: Two days
This course outline is just a sample of the type of programme that we provide. Each course can be tailored to your suit your companies competencies.